Viewing 2nd External Lacie Drive

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by darkpixie08, Oct 2, 2008.

1. darkpixie08 macrumors member

I currently have a mac mini set up as a home media server and to the mini I connected one external Lacie drive. Today I piggybacked another Lacie drive to the that external drive (hope that makes sense).

The issue is, when I want to access the mac mini and both external hard drives from macbook I can only see one external hard drive (The piggy-backed one). I can no longer see the first external when I click on the mac mini through the shared list in my finder window. It lists "external drive 1" and the mac mini, any ideas on how I can make the other external drive appear?

Thanks!

2. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

I may be WAY off on this one, but my understanding of piggybacking drives is it still shows up has one drive, but the combined storage, such as, drive A is a 250GB and drive B is 320, the one drive that shows up on the macbook would be like 570GBs. Maybe thats RAIDing. BUT I have a Lacie D2 Extreme, I asked the dude at the apple store about the two firewire 800 ports and they are, in fact, for piggybacking. Maybe one is a out to computer and an in from second drive. Could they be backwards?