Viewing a Google Calendar in iCal?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by asherman13, Oct 26, 2007.

1. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

Is there any way to view a Google Calendar as a separate calendar in iCal, one that would update when there are changes made to the Google Calendar?

Thanks!

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Yes you can.
    In Google Calendar, go to settings, then Calendar Details. At the bottom of the window is a 'Calendar Address' with an iCal button that gives you a link. You can paste this into iCal to link in.

3. weaverra macrumors regular

Yes there is! :D You will subscribe to a calendar. All you have to do is subscribe to it through sharing.

http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=34578&hl=en

4. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Easy, works great -- and then from iCal, it's an easy sync w/ your iPhone or iPod. From each separate Google calendar, go to Calendar Settings then scroll to Private Addresses at the very bottom. Click the iCal option. A long string of letters and numbers will appear, ending in .ics. Copy that long line to your clipboard. Then switch to iCal and Subscribe. Paste the string in and you're off! You'll have to Refresh All thru iCal periodically to keep iCal current with Google. I have six "personal" calendars for work, Kiwanis/Optimist Club meetings, vacations, birthdays, special events.......

I've used Google Calendar to manage my entire life for over a year and it's the greatest thing ever, especially now that it integrates with my iPod touch so easily. Love it!!!

5. asherman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

asherman13