Viewing files in application bundle created on iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by RonC, Aug 30, 2011.

1. RonC macrumors regular

I'm developing an iPhone app, and during this development process I'd like to see exactly what files are stored in my application bundle. It's pretty easy to do on the simulator - navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/... and find the files.

I'd like to do the same on the iPhone (for example, I'd like to see the actual .jpg files I'm capturing with my app using the camera on the phone; I have to fake this on the simulator). Any thoughts on how to do this?

Another question is how can I enable my app to work with iTunes so I can upload/download files that way?

Pointers to documentation works for me - I don't need you to write code for me (if you want to, that another thing...), but I have no idea where to even begin on either of these.

Thanks!

Ron C

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

For the first one there is an option in the Organiser within XCode to import the entire sandboxed area of the filesystem to your Mac. It should be pointed out that this is not within the application bundle in the simulator or on the real device.

As for the second this is a good place to start

3. RonC thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't even think of looking in Organizer. That worked perfectly for what I wanted to do.

The reference points to a document I'm sure I've read but I didn't remember it, so thanks for that as well. Based on what I read there, looks like I'm going to want to store files in a different place...