Viewing files

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gonads90, Jul 13, 2010.

1. gonads90 macrumors newbie

Hi fellas, I'm yet to buy my ipad/1st apple product and i have a noob question (only because i've always used windows) when you plug your ipad into your pc does the SSD show up on My computer as a seperate HD the reason for this is i get a lot of my mags(pdf's) on-line and would like to use the ipad to read with them but all i can see is that you need itunes to transfer files across to the ipad is this right?

Ant\y help would be great :D

2. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Check out Goodreader. The problem with the 'file' approach is there is no folder to go to and just launch stuff. Not a problem really, I think folder and file management should be a thing of the past by now. Data should live in a cloud and be accessible by many apps.

3. gonads90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that i'll keep Goodreader in mind. I hat to tell you not a big fan of the cloud thing. Too much BIG BROTHER for me.

4. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Goodreader plus Dropbox would be a good combination. And cloud computing is pretty safe.

5. Capt T macrumors 6502a

You can drag and drop into good reader through the iTunes interface. No need for the cloud aspect if you don't want it.