Viewing IGN Videos on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yanathin, Mar 23, 2011.

1. yanathin macrumors member

I'm interested in getting myself an iPad 2, but I was wondering if not having Flash is still a problem on popular websites. I had the original iPad for a few months but got frustrated with the fact that I couldn't view videos on IGN or Game Trailers. Then again, this was about a year ago. I know the iPad still doesn't have Flash, but could anybody do me a HUGE favor and check to see if www.ign.com and www.gametrailers.com have updated their websites to support H.264 video? It still shows up as Flash on my MacBook, but I know a lot of sites automatically switch based off the browser it detects. I'd really appreciate it... Thanks!!

2. Anthony8720 macrumors regular

I've been viewing ign videos on my iPhone for a little while now. Haven't tried gametrailors though. I would imagine the iPad would be even better?

3. DeathChill macrumors 68000

IGN.com videos work, and gametrailers.com videos also work.

4. yanathin thread starter macrumors member

5. pblive macrumors newbie

pblive

There is another way.

Skyfire has had an update and works with a lot more flash based video sites now. I downloaded it a while ago and it was hit or miss, but since the update this month it's actually been a lot faster and more compatible with flash videos.

Now if only they could find a way to use it to play other flash content...

http://www.skyfire.com/en/product/ipad