Viewing "iphone.website.com"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arobryn, Dec 11, 2008.

1. arobryn macrumors newbie

Hi all - I've experienced this at both eBay and the Barnes and Nobles website - they have phone specific pages.

The website can tell you're surfing from your phone and gives you pages built for the phone. I'm sure that's handy for some types of phones, but for me using the iPhone I want the full website experience.

Any ideas on how to turn off this feature? I've tried tricking the website and putting the full URL in, but it doesn't work.

Is there a way to mask or change the setting on the phone so the website can't tell it's not a full blown computer?

Thanks!

L'aura

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I don't think there is a way to "turn it off," so-to-speak. But what you can do is scroll to the bottom of the page and find the "go to regulat site" button (its usually down there somewhere). Then, once you are on the full site if you bookmark it, it should always take you to the full site when you use the bookmark.

3. arobryn thread starter macrumors newbie

AHA! Thanks! eBay does have that option from the main page. Once you've surfed in using the "Mobile" setting they don't offer a chance to go back, but if you go "Classic" from the start you're home free!

Thanks!