Viewing JPEG pictures on an old Mac Performa

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Apprentice 2 SA, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Apprentice 2 SA macrumors newbie

I've saved some digital photos onto CD on my PC. I'd like to view them on my old Mac Performa 5200.

When I try and open a photo Quick Time Picture Viewer 3.0 launches, and I get the message "couldn't display because corrupted".

Thanks for any help.. or pointing me towards the right place for probems with old Macs.

2. Apprentice 2 SA thread starter macrumors newbie

I've narrowed down the problem- Quick Time picture viewer wont load pictures from the Windows formatted CD, but will if they are first dragged to the hard drive.

Unfortunatly, I don't have the disk space to put all my pictures on my old Mac.

I've found a program called "colour it" (or more probably color [sic] it), which can grab images from the CD: but only one at a time!

I guess this place is more for those with up to date Macs. Does anyone know of a better place for those with an old Mac to discuss problems? (Or am I not allowed to ask that- but then if this forum isn't for those with old Macs...)