viewing junk mail for Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by proverbs, May 6, 2007.

1. proverbs macrumors 6502

is there a way i can view the junk mail in Mail?? i chose the automatic option, but there is no option to let me view the junk mail.

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

It should automatically be sent to the Junk folder. It can be viewed from there.

3. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

thats what im tryin to figure out - where is the junk mail folder?? when i press command + 6 to view the junk mail folder nothing happens. is there another way to view it?

4. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

5. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

i do not have that junk mail icon. how can i make it appear?

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Found it. looks like you need to have your setting like this. In mail preference

Attached Files:

7. proverbs thread starter macrumors 6502

8. decopro macrumors newbie

finding junk mailbox

I'm new to a Mac. I've found the Junk folder tab as listed earlier in this thread, but have been told I've been sent an e-mail twice and "to check my Junk Folder". I've not been able to access my Junk Mailbox. All I'm trying to do is to see if an e-mail has been sent to there. I have the settings such that the Junk e-mails is sent to my mailbox so I can view them (and then I delete them) but I'm not seeing where I have a Junk Mailbox. Where might I look for this? Thanks so much!

9. Daffodil macrumors 6502

Daffodil

I assume you've been told to check your junk mail since an email you're expecting hasn't gotten through?

If so, have you considered the fact that your email client might be filtering it automatically? Depending on whether your account type is IMAP or POP, your file structure in the Mail app may or may not be the "real" one - e.g. it could be in a "junk" folder somewhere that isn't downloaded into Mail.

It might be easier to help you if you mention more about your email provider and your settings... :)