Viewing more in calendar?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by se99jmk, Jul 1, 2013.

1. se99jmk macrumors member

Hi

Personally I prefer the month view when looking at the calendar.

In iOS 6, when there were lots of items on the same day it would show the first three items, then "X more...". A simple double-tap showed all events in day view.

In iOS 7, double tapping no longer works - I can't tap on the "X more.." bit either.. So how do you access what the other events are on that day quickly? Currently I have to switch to day or week view then swipe through until I get to the right day which is slow and laborious.. There MUST be a better way!

Any tips?

2. jedi-knight83 macrumors member

hate the calendar in ios7. for me its the worse part.

Id like to see the layout back to how it was before even if they stick with their slightly boring 'white for everything' theme.

I liked being able to see the whole month with dots for the days you were busy and then when you tapped on a date it showed you a summary of what was booked while you could still see the month overview... much much more useable that way.

3. qtaran111 macrumors member

If you hit the search button (magnifying glass top right) it will show you a list view of events, however you are both right the current calendar layout/usability needs a lot of work.

4. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

The new calendar.app on the iPhone looks great but is much worse than the one in iOS 6. If you are serious about your calendar have a look at Week Calendar. Much better app..

5. india macrumors newbie

I agree. I tried iOS7 on iphone 5. I hated the calendar one month view.

:(

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

That's one thing that is so confusing. Why would a search icon show you a list? Search to me means give me a box to type something in.

7. se99jmk thread starter macrumors member

The search -> list thing is useful, but if the 'busy' day is a month or more away then it's still not very easy to get to it..

I feel like I'm missing something obvious in not being able to see "More..." From the calendar view!

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I agree, iOS 7's calendar is horrible. For the first time since I started using iDevices in 2007, the stock calendar app is no longer on my home screen - it has been relegated to a folder on the second page, replaced by Fantastical, because Fantastical actually provides enough information in month view that I rarely even need to tap anything when checking my day's events - it's all right there. Week Cal is much more useful than the stock app as well, but I prefer the color scheme and layout of Fantastical. YMMV

9. kevintech macrumors 6502

not really sure what happened historically, but how likely is it that iOS7's final build calendar will be what we all see in beta 2?

10. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Well they've never overhauled the calendar so dramatically, so who knows? Hopefully common sense will prevail, though, in Cupertino. This calendar is a joke. :(

11. kevintech macrumors 6502

this is why i only use a jailbroken phone. rest of iOS is great but certain things id like changed are why i need cydia.