Viewing photos and browsing crashes iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nath, Nov 15, 2007.

1. nath macrumors newbie

Title says it all really!

UK iPhone, flawless for first week, now seems to not like playing tunes and web browsing at the same time...occasionally browsing a photo album can also have the same effect.

Seems to be most reproducible when loading pages in Safari...the song playing at the time will just stop suddenly and without warning.

If I then click through to the iPod to see what's going on, it's basically reset to list view as if the song was never playing.

Anyone else seen this?

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

This is nothing new and has been happening to all iphones from the very start ...

I think its a matter of memory resources on the iphone..

3. nath thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, that's a bit crap. I guess I would expect the odd app crash on something so new and groundbreaking, but not the continual reliability problems I seem to be experiencing. Its very frequent.

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

if its really frequent, you might want to try to restore he phone ... it doesn't happen to me all that often... Although browsing websites that have a lot of graphics might make it happen more.

5. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

I think its a memory problem.

Looking at memory intensive websites can be a problem with the iPhone, especially while doing other things with the phone.

6. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

1.1.2 Safari does seem better than 1.1.1 (which could crap out on something as amazingly complex as google.com). I've not actually had 1.1.2 fall over yet, even. They've clearly made it more stable than it was. Your experience shows there is a long way to go yet though.

Regular reboots help. Maybe they've been programming tips from Bill Gates :p

7. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

Definitely still happens on 1.1.2 for me, and it seems to be epidemic- once it happens once it will happen more frequently until I restart the phone.

I will say that when it happened to me, I had not turned the phone off for days. Doing so regularly might prevent it, but I'm not sure.