Viewing photos on an iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by VelvetElegance, Oct 11, 2010.

1. VelvetElegance macrumors regular

Hey Folks,
    I'm trying to help my husband who's having some difficulties syncing photos to his iPod. He's using a windows machine and has a folder with pictures of our wedding weekend arranged in sequence. The problem occurs when he syncs the folder. When he tries to view the images on his iPod, the pictures transfer as they should, but for some reason, they do not retain the original order. He has gone back and changed all the file names to numbers to try and force a sequence to no avail. What can I suggest he do?

Has any one else experienced this problem when syncing pix?

2. TheRock88 macrumors member

I noticed this as well. I think it dates back to the 4.0 upgrade. Before I can name my photos and they would go by alphabetically and numerically. Now it seems that it's ordered by when the last date the photo was modified.

3. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

You could always edit metadata.

So, are you importing them from My Computer?

4. VelvetElegance thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure my husband (or myself) is quite skilled enough to edit meta data. How involved is that process?

5. avit macrumors regular

avit

it's as simple as changing a few lines of text

6. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Don't know about Vista and 7 (I have XP SP3 on my MacBook), but the package here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224351) brings up a right-click option to Get Info and edit the metadata.

7. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Wait, if OP is "proud owner of an iMac", why don't you just put everything in iPhoto and not have to worry?