Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thunderboltmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
sudo
Does anyone know how to view/display powerpoint files on an ipad? I know there apps out there that can do the job, but can anyone recommend a good one I can use?

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
Does anyone know how to view/display powerpoint files on an ipad? I know there apps out there that can do the job, but can anyone recommend a good one I can use?

I had to do this in a pinch to practice a presentation for class when I left my MBP at home, and all I did was email the presentation to myself and open it in the Mail app. I also believe it can be accessed from the Dropbox app.

It displays it in a way that you have to scroll through rather than skipping through each individual slide, so if you're looking to mirror your display to project a presentation and you want it to perform the same way it would if you were operating the PowerPoint app, you're out of luck with this method.

But if you're looking for a way to view your .ppt document on your iPad, this is a really simple method.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Keynote works, but it is expensive, and expect loss of formatting when converting from powerpoint (typically in the form of shifted boxes).

The earlier poster's suggestion of opening directly from dropbox can work, if you don't mind missing out on all the animation and just want a no-frills document version. :)

Alternatively, save the ppt as pdf, and copy it to ibooks or some other pdf reader app like goodreader. A quicktime movie file can work as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.