Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KooBrewoP

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2004
behind you!
As you can see from the screenshot i took, VLC player splashes the subtitles all over the page so i cant read them. They are not integrated in to the movie file but have to be enabled via the subtitles check option under video. The only control that VLC player gives me over the subtitles, and specifically making them smaller, doesn't work. Is this a problem with the subtitles supplied or the player?

vlcpicbd7.png

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
That is a VLC thing.

Download Perian (which you really should have already) and then play the vid files in Quicktime. The subtitles are nicer there. And if you have Quicktime Pro, you can resave the files as .mov and the subtitles will be auto-magically slipped into the movie file (can be disabled when viewing of course)

Mamagotchi

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2008
Watching subtitles on Quicktime

That is a VLC thing.

Download Perian (which you really should have already) and then play the vid files in Quicktime. The subtitles are nicer there. And if you have Quicktime Pro, you can resave the files as .mov and the subtitles will be auto-magically slipped into the movie file (can be disabled when viewing of course)

Perian works perfectly with Quicktime; it's a must have. Just one thing: make sure both name files are the same, that is: if the avi file is named "example.avi" then the srt file must be named the same "example.srt", otherwise it won't recognize it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.