Viewing tiff files on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Solkar, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Solkar macrumors newbie

With my job I get lots of faxes that come in as tiff files to my e-mail address.

Is there an app that will let me view the tiff files on my iPhone, so my assistant doesn't have to convert them to a PDF and re-send them to me?

I don't think our fax server will automatically convert them to PDF - we've looked into that.

2. andydb macrumors newbie

Viewing tiff files on the iPhone

I've had exactly the same problem and haven't been able to find a solution.
    Instead I setup a website - econvertimage.com which can receive tiff email attachments and convert them to pdfs and then email them back to your iPhone.
    Visit the site and have a go. Post your comments if you're happy with the result.
    I hope this solves your problem.
    Regards

3. drjobling macrumors newbie

It works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had an iphone (all 3) for past 18 months, best TOY ever
    NEVER been able to read Tif files which i get & need every day for work
    until TODAY
    bought quickoffice for £6
    It works !!!
    I admit u have to spend 30 seconds setting up your email & following instructions.
    Then u just email then your attachment, they zap it back (took 15 seconds)
    Any FINALLY i can see tif files !!!

Good luck:):apple::)

4. iphonologicus macrumors newbie

I tried the solution with Quick Office but I can only read the first page of the fax.

How do you get to read the rest of the pages?

Btw: without the Quickoffice-solution it is also possible to see the Tif: just choose send in your email message and then select the option save images. Weird as it is: this results in a perfectly readable fax in the filmroll... but also just one page!

We decided to give Apple a try for replacing our Nokia office cellphones - so far so good, despite some nuisances in file transfer we are very happy, but faxes are still essential, so reading those tifs is a must.

Anybody here who knows a solution?

5. jonnymp macrumors newbie

Solution

I agree with everyone's frustrations and scoured the web for solutions after changing all of our business phones to iPhones. For me this Tiff issue separated the iphone from being a good phone and the perfect business tool.

Our MFC can only route emails in Tiff form (despite costing the equivalent of a small planet!). The solution we found cost $15 per month, in total, for the whole office.

I found company called 2Talk. We now simply divert our faxline to the new number, which immediately converts faxes to PDF and routes it back to the old fax line which, in turn, emails through to the iphone.

Still think Apple should provide an "on-board" solution but needed to find a work-around...