Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laserbeam273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Australia
I just had one of those mac moments (i.e. that's so awesome!!!!) with iPhoto as I loaded some of my recently taken photos and videos up. I also checked Front Row, and it's awesome that it can view the pictures as slide shows and all, but I can't find how to view the videos located in iPhoto via Front Row.

Anyone know how to do this?

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I just had one of those mac moments (i.e. that's so awesome!!!!) with iPhoto as I loaded some of my recently taken photos and videos up. I also checked Front Row, and it's awesome that it can view the pictures as slide shows and all, but I can't find how to view the videos located in iPhoto via Front Row.

Anyone know how to do this?

FrontRow looks for movies in the Movies folder in your Home directory.

You can created an Alias (a shortcut) in the Movies folder that points to the folder where your iPhoto videos are stored, and you should then be able to navigate to them in FrontRow.

laserbeam273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Australia
So I basically have to make a short cut for each video then, unless I want to sift through all the photos and videos each time I use it then... . You'd think they would have included an "iPhoto Movies" folder somewhere if they really wanted people to use iPhoto for movies.

Oh well. Guess I don't really plan on using Front Row much anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.