viewmymessage.com: Positively Scandolous

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by welles13, Dec 3, 2007.

1. welles13 macrumors member

In all my years of using the web, I have never once come across a site that is worse than this one. AT&T, I congratulate you on producing a site that IS NEVER UP. EVER. This POS gives time outs an all-new meaning.

What a shocking embarrassment that highlights one of the iPhone's key deficiencies.

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I agree, plus it loads like crap on the iphone. In fact, it loads like crap on my iMac at home with highspeed internet.

3. mrtune macrumors 6502a

It won't load at all on the iphone. The part of the site that actually shows you the pic someone sent you is flash. Darn phone don't support it.

But on the computer, I agree it does suck. I have to try at least 3 or 4 times for it to actually show me anything. Total garbage!

4. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

and we come back to why is there no mms for the iphone yet?

5. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Hmmm, I haven't tried it with the iPhone browser, but on the iMac it works fine. My wife sent me some pics last night and it was fine.

6. JRomero macrumors regular

JRomero

How hard would it be for Apple to put MMS on the iPhone?

A girl just sent me like 15 pics and it gave me viewmymessage.com codes for all of them. It is incredibly tedious.

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Atleast the passwords are nice and easy to remember :D:D

8. JRomero macrumors regular

JRomero

9. erandall38 macrumors 6502

Is it possible that just like no one used MP3 players before iPods that people will be able to once say " no one used mobile email before the iPhone"

Sometimes I wonder if:
    Apple is waiting to put MMS on a later version or update so it is more attractive
    or
    Apple will never implement it and everyone will get used to it... would not be surprised.. it is free and all. Then the picture is already on your email on your computer. Usually that means you can exchange higher resolution pictures as well. And everyone has email, not everyone has a MMS capable phone.

10. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I love too how the first time you get one of those messages it sounds like spam.

11. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

this is by far my most hated feature. my gf always sends me pics and its a serious process to view the damn pic! this should be effortless... or at least a link to it!!

12. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

dare I ask what of?

13. rriggs macrumors newbie

Not only do we not have MMS, but I agree this site is a slap in the face!!!! :mad:

14. mrwilmoth macrumors member

I agree, they should at least have a link you can click on to access the pictures, haveing to type it in manualy is a pain.

15. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I don't know what you are talking about. The picture does not show up in flash. I have viewed many pictures sent through text on viewmymessage.com using my iPhone. Perhaps if someone is sending you a video it may be in flash, but as far as pics go it isn't flash.

I do agree that the site sucks and sometimes takes way too long to load. Hopefully Apple will give us the ability to support MMS on the iPhone soon. If they aren't going to give it to us, it would be nice if they could at least give us copy/paste to use for entering the password and id on viewmymessage.com

16. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

exactly... since there's no copy and paste feature, using this website is a total pain. hopefully MMS will be available soon...

17. jmcn72 macrumors newbie

18. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Can't people just send the pic to your regular (say, Gmail) email account and you could get it that way? You'd have to tell everyone to add your address to their phone's contact book, but after that it shouldn't be bad. Or am I missing something?

19. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

Most people I know don't have internet for their phone.

20. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I don't imagine anyone would have something positive to say about this sorry excuse for MMS

21. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Saves money? Lousy, but the only thing i can actually come up with.

22. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Technically yes, but there is still a problem with this method. First off, not all phones have internet enabled and some phones are unable to send text message to email addresses. Beyond that, it is pretty much inconvenient to use email a lot of the time. If I am having a conversation with someone over text messages and they want to send me a picture, I have to go out of SMS, open mail, look at the pic, exit mail, and open SMS again in order to continue the conversation and still see what all has been said. That is pretty much 5 unneeded steps if MMS was enabled. It is even more steps if I want or need to send a pic back.

It shouldn't be too hard for Apple to add a little "add picture" button somewhere in the SMS app along the top bar or the bottom bar.