viewmymessage.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jk111, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jk111 macrumors regular

Does anyone know why this site is never up?

I really would like to view pictures that friends send me.

Thanks AT&T for creating the worst site possible.

2. FreakinSyco macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

To send mms to other att users email them to:

4085551234@mms.att.net (that would be their 10 digit phone number)

And for them to send mms to you have them just send mms to your email address. It costs them the same as a usual text message and you get it in your inbox.

I've been doing this with my friends for months. Most phones allow an email address under the contact info so its no more than one extra button press to send to an email address.

3. cdp1276 macrumors member

cdp1276

I've never seen it down but agree it is the worst site. Also remember it wont work from your iPhone as the site is Flash based. Doesn't even allow you to save down the picture you see. If Apple doesn't roll out MMS soon, AT&T needs to fix this awful site ASAP!!!

4. porg1969 macrumors newbie

I agree with you all................viewmymessage is the WORST. Most times I never can get my pics. Its embarrassing too. Here my friends have $50 phones with the capability to send pics via sms (mms), and here i have a $650 phone (bought mine on 5th ave. the first day) and i brag about it all the time, but like i said herer i cannot even send them pics.......and to top matters off, WHEN viewmymessage does work i CANNOT even save the pic!!!!! this is suppose to be a "smart" phone, Steve Jobs said at the keynote that this was the "smartest" smartphone, well then i want all of the same options that a smartphone has and then some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Ditto...

I'm still waiting for Pics from back in October '07!!! :cool:

6. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

I agree, I think it's a really really LAME excuse for an answer to MMS. A. It's not even a hotlink in the text message, a B., even if it was, the site is flash based and you can't view it.

C. - The pictures are resized small, so even if they're 640x480 TOO BAD! you get a thumbnail.

D. Yeah, you can't download.

I agree with everyone, the smartest sexiest phone linked to the worst MMS site online. I can deal with having to visit a website, but make it accessible with the iPhone!!!!

7. mrtune macrumors 6502a

viewmymessage.com is the worst site on the planet!!

I had to go the long tedious route of having all my friends add my email address to their phones just so I can receive MMS messages from them. You should see the look on their faces when I tell them my $600 phone can't do MMS. :(

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've tried this a number of times and it doesn't work at all. They get the text and no pic.

9. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

i hate when i get a message like that and finally go to the site and press in the password and it is something totally lame. i get so ticked.

10. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Not sure why everyone thinks this....If you log on with the iPhone, the pictures is displayed without the flash. I do it almost daily!

11. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

I agree that it is embarrassing... For people who do not know the iPhone interface, it is very difficult to explain to them that such a great phone cannot do a simple function such as view a photo. Very strange omission to an otherwise awesome product.

12. crotty macrumors newbie

Just registered with this site specifically to agree with the sentiment of the thread. I have had so many problems with this amateur hour site that I am complaining anonymously on a internet forum, just because I don't know who else to complain to.

Check this error message out:
    Invalid path /2en/en/2en/en/webnonsubscriber/actualviewmessage was requested

That's fantastic. I really can't believe there isn't more said about this POS site. Ugh. Well...now I've vented. But I still hate it.

13. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I'm getting the same thing and am quite annoyed. I'm in a tech support chat room right now so hopefully I'll get something worked out.

After having the person resend the picture, it worked. It looks like something was corrupt with the username and password.

14. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

OMG, this site makes me more mad than the iPhone not having MMS. My wife got her first MMS a week ago and this was the first time we saw this site. It exposed all the iPhone's weakness. It gives you this username and password, but since you can't cut n' paste(!), you have to switch back and forth between Safari and SMS. And when we finally had the stuff typed in, it made Safari freeze up (with 2.2!) causing us to have to do a hard reset.

I have already sent Apple 3 feedbacks asking for them to get on AT&T's back because it exposes everything I hate about my iPhone. However now, and I encourage all to do the same, I'm going to start harrassing AT&T about this. I believe that AT&T may be able to come up with their own MMS app (or use that Swedish company's), so they can get rid of that horrible, HORRIBLE website.

15. DMoney0023 macrumors member

can you access viewmymessage.com through Safari on the iPhone??

16. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

In theory, you should be able to. In practice, due to crashing, freezing, and having to switch back-and-forth between your messsage and Safari to write in the username and password (because the iPhone has no cut and paste), no, you can't. I have always had to use my laptop to access this page. This is a prime example when the iPhone does not give you the "full internet experience" and why the iPhone should have real MMS.

Thanks for ruining my night just by the mere mentioning of this horrible, horrrible abortion of a website. I'm now going to crawl under my covers and cry myself to sleep. :(

Or, maybe i'll just go have a drink and play with my new shiny fart app.