iPad Views on Portenzo Alano case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Marco123, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

I am thinking about purchasing the Portenzo Alano case for my iPad air 2 but would love some views on it.
    I have heard about the warping issues in the past but I'm willing to give them a chance on this as I've heard their CS is good should it do this.
    Thanks.

2. Marco123, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015

Marco123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just received my alano for my ipad air 2 and am really disappointed in what arrived.
    Without going into much detail don't buy this case for the air 2.
    Edit: It seems that you need to place the iPad in by its top first. The hidden power button now works perfectly.
    It's a gorgeous, quality case but two features of the video are not there with the air 2 case. The camera isn't hidden by the elastic and the mic beside the volume buttons is hidden. These two errors I think are because they are still using iPad air 1 frames for the air 2.
    It is just as well that I kept the elastic with my manga-grip upgrade because there is no way the magn-grip holds the cover closed. They've used really weak magnets.

3. Marco123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have just broken my new case.
    I grabbed the bottom of the frame to pull the charging cable out and the wooden frame around the charging port split and cracked.
    This case cost me over £120 and I can now confirm I won't be touching Portenzo ever again.