Viewsonic LCD with Webcam

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by colorspace, Oct 30, 2007.

1. colorspace macrumors 6502

I've been checking out the Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD monitor which comes with an integrated 1.3MB webcam. Anyone have any experience with it and if it's iChat/Skype compatible on a Mac?

Thanks

2. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I got it working in iChat but since nobody else I know actually uses iChat, it was more of just an experiment to see if it was recognized - it was.

3. surfin009 macrumors newbie

how did you get it to work? I've tried both installation cd's and neither seem to work...

4. miesemer macrumors newbie

I too would be interested in seeing how you got it work. When I called Viewsonic's support they told me it wouldn't. That was nice to know after purchasing it based on their website claiming Mac compatibility.

-Jeff

5. bjskelly macrumors newbie

Working for me.

I just bought a Viewsonic VX2255wmb from Costco. I plugged it into my Mac Mini (Intel Core Duo) and fired up iChat. Webcam is working fine. I haven't tested the mic yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Bruce

6. eyecool macrumors regular

Did you guys ever get it to work? Did you try it with PhotoBooth?

How do you like the monitor?

7. Dave3497 macrumors newbie

Just got a ViewSonic VX2255wmb today (from Amazon). Monitor looks nice. iChat fires up plug-and-play. The built in webcam works fine, but the microphone doesn't. I wish I knew that before I bought it. Did a basic online search before hand.

*** This fact is not mentioned on ViewSonic's USA product info page, but interestingly, it _is_ mentioned on their United Kingdom/Europe product info page.

US Info page:
    http://viewsonic.com/products/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2255wmb/index.htm

UK Info page:
    http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/UK/Products/LCDX/VX2255wmb.htm

Only found this after I went digging.

-DC

8. marcizzle22 macrumors newbie

Help!!!!!!

i have a Viewsonice vx2255wm and i cant get my build in web cam to work on my mac os x 10.3 and it doesnt let me install the drivers can any one please help ?:eek:

9. maverick72 macrumors member

Did you write 10.3? I think you did ..... welcome to 2010 your OS is 7 years old. Get a recent OS and it will work fine.