Vimeo upload

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by fitshaced, Oct 27, 2013.

1. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Do any of you have problems uploading videos directly from OS X to vimeo? When I do it, it only sends a much lower quality, about 1/6 of the original. Uploading using the Vimeo site takes very long. My file size yesterday was 951mb.

Also, I can't be certain if it's Mavericks or not as I don't remember uploading to Vimeo with Mountain Lion before upgrading.

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

What's your connection like?

Also do you have a basic account? Are you waiting for Vimeo to encode in HD?

3. fitshaced thread starter macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I have a plus account. Decent ADSL 2 connection. But the file will upload via Vimeo and play in 1080p, but OS X upload only sends a very low quality of it. The entire clip will playback, just well below even 720p.

4. Chad3eleven macrumors regular

I've never had problems.. I use the upload feature on Vimeos site, never using the built in uploader in OSX. Perhaps you should upload the same file through the site and compare quality.

Perhaps the video hasnt been fully optimized on the site?

5. fitshaced thread starter macrumors 68000

fitshaced

No I can see the difference between them. If you'd like to do a test of uploading via OS X with a file of 1gb in sizefor me, I'd appreciate it.

6. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well the only think I can think of is trying a different computer/browser and potentially trying the upload via dropbox method.