"Vinny" app needs some beta testers

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by akiss13, Aug 28, 2012.

1. akiss13 macrumors newbie

Hey guys/gals. I am about to release my first app called Vinny and thought I would ask here for some willing participants. I read through the rules and regs for posting so hope I don't cross any lines.

The app is focused on anyone buying a Used Car who would like to know the wholesale cost. My partner and I aren't car guys, but data guys who thought that the cozy world of car dealers wasn't right. And that consumers were getting the wrong end of the bargain since there was almost ZERO transparency. It reminded us of travel agents 20 years ago and we saw what happened in that market when people tried to lock data up behind walls.

We have tapped into the dealer only wholesale auctions (since we became registered dealers ourselves) and have used that data to calculate an extremely accurate wholesale price of the car after you scan the VIN barcode. We get over 100K transactions per day to refine our algorithm to get the most accurate number in real-time. KBB and NADA pricing guides don't even come close, and they actually present higher prices since they are in the pockets of the dealerships.

This video outlines the app and we are just now getting it to where we need someone other than me scanning cars like crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDzYrYRy24U&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Please let me know if you can help or find this interesting/useful. Our goal is to give the buyer enough data so that they can negotiate and not get ripped off. The app will be free and free from ads. No upselling or other slimy tactics here.

Thanks!
    AK

2. redsoxunixgeek macrumors regular

redsoxunixgeek

I just tried to download it since a buddy of mine sent me the link on Twitter. However it doesn't appear in the iTAS. Is there a direct link? I am in the market for a new car, so this would be absolutely helpful.

3. Subu macrumors regular

Before I raise my hand, Which markets / geographies do you cover ? Only USA or ?