Vintage Mac IIcx computer

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by BuffaloBluffs, Jan 23, 2014.

1. BuffaloBluffs macrumors newbie

I've got a Mac IIcx with Vers. 7.0 with a Micron Xceed video card that was tested at a resolution of 640x480 and need a monitor that has automatic resolution detection @ that resolution. I'm trying to find a monitor either Mac or a VGA monitor that will work. I guess I could always get a different video card but, I don't know where to start looking. I'm also in need of a color printer that would work. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    JP

2. tdiaz macrumors 6502

3. BuffaloBluffs thread starter macrumors newbie

Haven't tried an adapter yet, really don't know whether to look for a monitor first then look for an adapter or get an adapter and then go search for a monitor. Just not sure what adapter to look for first!

4. BuffaloBluffs thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there such a thing as a color graphics card that would match computer to monitor for Mac II's?

5. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

The cx should have a set of NuBus slots, but an adapter should be cheaper and easier to find. It's the port in the middle of the 4th image:

http://www.vectronicsappleworld.com/collection/maciisi.html

But way cooler to find the monitor in the first and last images. Apple RGB, the 13" Mac version, not the small //c version.

6. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Without knowing (somebody else may know) if the model of NuBus card you have supports extended sense lines, and at what resolutions and Hz, it's difficult to advise.

If possible, you should ask what type of monitor (Apple branded or VGA/SVGA) was used to test it at 640x480.

7. BuffaloBluffs thread starter macrumors newbie

It was tested on a 16" Mac model M1298. I believe my search may be toward a Mac monitor compatible IIcx, if nothing else I should be able to stay Mac original but, a flat screen would be nice.