Violant Ads on Google AdSense

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by turbobass, Feb 24, 2011.

1. turbobass macrumors 6502

Hi All,

I have a site that for some reason is displaying a TON of personal defense, martial arts, background check, shooting range (lol), weapons training, etc. ads from Google AdSense.

However, the site has NOTHING to do with that -- the few keywords that are causing those ads to display are purely fictional but it's giving our site this distinctly dystopian-looking vibe and are ultimately totally irrelevent to the audience.

I can't find any subject matter in the AdSense backend but have applied to their special "review" feature ... anyone know the trick to get the violent ads to go away?

Does google just need time to learn that everyone isn't a sociopath?

2. Ryan John macrumors regular

If you log into your adSense account there is a tab that allows you to block ads you don't want to see on your site.

I used a bunch of proxies in other countries so I could see what ads people were seeing from their location that I didn't agree with and then blocked them in my adSense control panel.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Google track your web browsing history and serve you ads depending on your history and website content, so it's likely that your audience might not get the same ads you are seeing.

4. turbobass thread starter macrumors 6502

Eh IDK I doubt its coming from my computer as I don't really look at any of the stuff that would qualify me for any of that stuff plus I don't really get anything like it in any other ad delivery service so I'm thinking otherwise. Edit - Plus had this theory confirmed by others.

Is there any meta-information one can add to one's page to request different contextual ads? However I DO NOT want to do anything shady and stay within the TOS.