Violent sons turned in by mother

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by scotthayes, May 30, 2008.

1. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

BBC News

The world needs more people like her. I only hope that one day her sons understand why she did it and it was the right thing to do.

2. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Good. If I ever have children and they do something terrible like this, I'll be on the phone with police in a second. Just because we are flesh and blood doesn't mean you can get away with a crime.

Her sons look like the kind of people who would get off by hurting others. About time they got taught a lesson.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

She is what's right with the world today. If there were more people like her, things would only get better. Hopefully, if I was in the same situation, I'd do the same thing. I'm definitely going to remember her and this story.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

sad story. i'm glad she had the courage to step up, hard as it is though.

5. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

This shouldn't be news, in my opinion. The fact that it is, makes my heart sink.

OF COURSE if you do something violent like this, I am going to call the police and report you.

Doesn't matter if it's a stranger, friend, brother, father, son, or wife.

6. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

Sad indeed

When I was growing up, a 14 year old boy in our community killed three small girls with a knife. The boy's mother found the bloody clothes in his room a couple of days later and called the police. The boy later committed suicide before coming to trial. The entire incident rocked our sleepy little town to its very core.

I can't imagine how painful as a parent it would be to be in her position. I hope I never find myself there.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

well, of course I agree this was the right thing to do. And the fact that her son would threaten her life just goes to show the kind of person he is.

But on a side note - 2 years? 2 freakin' years? What the hell? How about 15-life for attempted murder? Good lord.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Blind them in one eye too.

2 years is ok, IF they do that. :mad:

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I thought the same thing as well. Only 2 years? Why not 10 years? How much do you need to hurt someone to get a big sentence? If this guy had died, which was a possibility, these guys would have gotten 10+ years. Whether the guy was killed, or was "almost" killed seems rather irrelevant as the act was the same. The man just got lucky, or was stronger and more resilient than he would have been if he was 50 years old, or sick.

10. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But those brothers look like they're going to turn violent and kill you, while Putin looks like he'd just tell someone to whack you.

12. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Yeah, I can join in the chorus of those who applaud this woman for her common sense. Her puns, however, leave much to be desired: