VIop calls and system output

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chillined1212, Apr 16, 2010.

1. chillined1212 macrumors member

I need help. I am doing this online radio station. I need to find a free program that will use itunes as an output. I am using ustream for the radio station, I want to be able to select the audio as the itunes output. Do you understand what I am saying. I want to hear the audio out of my headphones/speakers still but I want to use itunes as like a microphone, audio input in ustream.

I also want to have a phone like thing for my radio station. I want people to be able to call in and talk to me. I want to be able to like have holding on it, for more than one person to call in, but I can switch to the next person or I can talk to the next person, you know what I am saying? I also want to like turn it off after I broadcast, so they get to like a voicemail I guess, no voicemail would be great. This I am hoping, can be free. If I have to pay a little that would be fine, but I would like to stick to something free!

Please Please Please Please help! Thanks!

Just adding that this youtuber I watch has this thing she uses, where people call in, you get an automated thing saying, you the 45th person, please wait, then you can talk to her. Once she is done broadcasting, the line wont accept calls anymore!

I have a mac too, if anyone didn't know!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If I understand you correctly, Soundflower will do what you're looking for.

3. chillined1212 thread starter macrumors member

um will it only use itunes as an output, not the whole system. I had it installed on my other mac and I came to the conclusion that it outputs your whole system audio. I just want one application to be the output (microphone) so I can edit calls when people call in.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It's a system audio device, which means that you can set your system to output to Soundflower if you want to, but you can also individually set any app that supports manual device selection. iTunes doesn't, but Skype does if that's what you're using. You can also choose a custom device just for Mac OS X alert sounds. I'm still not sure if it's iTunes or your VoIP that you want to loopback, but if it's iTunes, you could change the general system output to use Soundflower, then change your other applications to use your normal output.

You might also find LineIn to be handy if you want to route audio through Soundflower and hear it on another output as well.