Viper hardcase 11 pocket dimensions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aprikh1, Aug 14, 2011.

1. aprikh1 macrumors newbie

Someone who owns this case, if you could measure and post the dimensions of the two smaller inside pockets (the smallest ones) that would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. PeterKG macrumors 6502

3. aprikh1, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011

aprikh1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Whoa talk about a quick response. Thanks a bunch!

I am trying to figure out if my Livescribe notebook that's 5.5" wide and 0.5" thick will fit into one of those pockets. Unfortunately, I don't think it will.

The seam that goes down the middle and actually creates those two pockets, in your opinion, how hard would it be to remove the stitching without too much damage to the esthetics, and merge the two small pockets into one big one?

4. Geetarpicker macrumors newbie

I recently picked up a Viper case for my 13". I'd be hesitant to put anything bulky in the internal pockets at all. At first I was hoping perhaps the charger would fit and it might, but I think it's too risky. The bottom of the case has some fairly decent foam padding, but the top (where the pockets are) is almost hard inside. In mine it came with a piece of packing foam in the top large pocket for shipping, but I decided to keep that foam in place to cushion the top side. That said, the big and 2 smaller pockets are not made from very thick material and IMHO you might risk a dent in the top of the AIR if you have something in those pockets like a flash drive or something bulkier and the outside of the case takes a hit. I know I sound pessimistic about the use of pockets, but I plan to only use them for flat paper work or 1 or 2 CD/DVDs. I do however really like the case, but the internal pockets have to be used carefully IMHO.

5. toi macrumors member

i was thinking to get the viper case as well but i watched a video review on youtube and it seems like its a really tight fit for whatever goes inside the pockets.

i am planning to put a logitech trackball and the power adapter in so i am gonna try the incase deluxe sleeve 11 inch which seems to have a nice size external pocket.

my 2 cents

6. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

I agree with earlier posts. I've been using Viper case for few months now and it offers maximum protection for MBA but inside pockets are a tight fit and I wouldn’t put anything else besides maybe a notebook and a pen.

I carry a regular laptop bag and put the Viper case inside it, all my accessories go inside the laptop bag.

7. New2MacOS macrumors member

I, too, use the Booq Viper on my 11.6/4/128 i5. I still have a Livescribe 5.5" notebook and it will not fit inside one of the 2 pouches in the Viper.