Viper Smart Start on Galaxy S5

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ggibson913, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

Hey guys wondering if anyone has any experience. I am thinking of putting a remote start in my car but when I look at the app in the Play Store, it hasn't been updated in 2 years. I have a Galaxy S5 with ATT, anyone have this system? Any issues? Thanks.

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

use it all the time on my Note 3 and love it. Every now and then it will act up and come back as unable to communicate with my car, but it's rare. Even then, it still starts.

3. Ccrew macrumors 68020

If you get a well coded app that performs a few simple functions there's no need to constantly update it. When you think about it that's all this is doing. Connect to car, start car. I wouldn't be concerned. Viper is a pretty solid company.

4. ggibson913 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

MY concern is the iPhone app has definitely been updated.

5. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I don't think the iPhone one does anything more. It likely needed updated to support the newer sized phones, etc. Feature wise, they are the same. I have it on my wife's iPhone 6 and my Note 3. I have the same remote on 2 cars and our phones can start both.