Virgin 1.0.1 phone accidentally get 1.1.1 thru iTunes Restore function

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wildsearch, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Wildsearch macrumors newbie

Hello all users,

I and my friend has walked thru the whole FW upgrade to 1.02 process yesterday but came to a stop point when we realized that the iTunes has put the 1.1.1 on it. Here is what happen:

-My friend bought the phone home yesterday with a 1.0.1 on it. Then we tried to bring the FW up to 1.02 using iTunes 7.4.1.2.

-We noticed that iTunes always wanted to restore the phone to the "current" FW (we think it is 1.1.1), so to avoid that, we downloaded 1.0.2 FW and using shift+Restore to put it into the phone. The process is successfully and we DO have a 1.0.2 phone now.

-Closed iTunes and open and run iBrickr. But iBrickr keep saying that the phone has not been connected to iTunes to download some plugins and it cannot do anything else.

-Plugged the phone back to iTunes and this time using iTunes to do the restore funtion, thinking of the Shift + Restore did not install some plugin files the iBrickr needed. But don't know how it happened but after the restore, it put the 1.1.1 on the phone.

-After realizing the phone has 1.1.1, we stop everything. The phone is now in the activation screen. Everything is ok including the correct IMEI. Entering the *3001#12345#* and it shows 04.01.13_G.

We're doing this because my friend just want to use the phone with his currently old ATT sim. No intention of unlocking the phone.

Please help.