Virgin Iphone. 1.1.1 Firmware Installed..Help!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wattsy32, Oct 17, 2007.

1. wattsy32 macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    Just recieved my iphone, it has 1.1.1 preloaded on it which was a shame but i'm trying to downgrade it to 1.0.2. I've downloaded the 1.0.2 firmware but when i restore the phone on itunes i get an unknown error and a symbol of the dock connector+and arrow+ itunes icon sign on my iphone.

Does anyone know what this means? And can anyone give me a link to a good unlocking site, i've tried most but have been unsuccessful.

I'm currently in Australia so if anyone from Aus can tell me how they unlocked theirs?

I'm starting to think i should just buy the iphonesimfree.

Thanks in advance guys

2. Spanners macrumors member

To be honest, unless you want to have an unlock solution that is slightly "dodgy" I would definatly go with IPSF. I origionally used the manual Dev team unlock but have now revirginised my phone and re-unlocked using ISPF. All I can say is wow. I wish I'd done it earlier. I realise it will cost you $$ but it's so much easier.

Here is the guide I followed and it worked great.

http://www.freeouriphones.com/MacTutorial.html

You seem to have your phone in a slightly mixed state... I'd try starting with Section 3 then move on to Section 2. This should get you where you need to be.