Virgin iPhone 4 Issues (Canada)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by d4m1r, Oct 1, 2011.

1. d4m1r macrumors regular

d4m1r

Hey guys, I recently switched over from Rogers to Virgin. I had no complaints with them but after many,many years they weren't willing to give me anything special of a deal even after my contract expired this month.

Virgin is definitely the better deal, was able to port over my number, and no contract :) I was worried about the Bell network but it seems to be doing OK. I don't have 5 bars everywhere anymore but I always have 3-4.

I am noticing issues connecting calls or sending texts however....Downtown, it can take 30 seconds to connect a call during weekdays, could this be because of congestion on the Bell network in Ontario? Also, texts fail to send at least 25% of the time and then I have to resent them (they send the 2nd time 99% of the time). I do notice a difference on my phone as well. If I go to Settings>General>Network, 3G is enabled even though I don't have a data plan:confused: Cellular Data is off, but if I disable 3G, I get no reception to make calls or texts!!! On Rogers, both 3G and Cellular Data were set to off and it worked perfectly.

Could this be a network issue? It must also means Virgin users (even those without a data plan) get worse battery life because they need to leave 3G enabled to connect to the Bell network while Rogers users don't?

2. d4m1r thread starter macrumors regular

d4m1r

3. d4m1r thread starter macrumors regular

d4m1r

Are there not many Canadians on here?! Seems like a pretty inactive forum...:confused:

4. dborod macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm Canadian, and on Rogers. Sounds like a network issue when calls don't connect and txt messages don't go through. Not sure what you can do about it though.