Virgin Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by erifneerg, Apr 26, 2009.

1. erifneerg macrumors member

I want to place my touch back to factor default. However, in the settings i have a section profile 3b Beta. It must be the result of the ipod touch having 3.0 beta on it. Is there anyway to restore complete so even the baseband is rests?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's an iPod touch, so it doesn't have a baseband. That's in cell phones (ie: the iPhone).

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I don't think you can downgrade back to official firmware (i.e. 2.2.1). I read on these forums that once you "upgrade" to iPhone 3.0 OS beta, there's no way back. There might be a hack or something though.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you can downgrade, I have had beta 1, 2 and 3 on my 1st gen and I am now currently on 2.2.1, I simply did a DFU restore and it was like doing a normal full restore

5. erifneerg thread starter macrumors member

It's already 2.2.1 firmware and jailbroken. So just go into DFU mode and use a clean firmware and it should be fine? I thought i did that once before but i have that "profile 3b Beta" on my ipod touch under settings

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Also, to be completely safe, do not restore from a backup afterwards. Some remnants of the jailbreak get backed up unintentionally by iTunes, and if you want 'clean' firmware then you shouldn't restore from the backup :)

7. erifneerg thread starter macrumors member

yea, i did a restore with a backup once before and still have Emoji enabled. Just did a clean wipe in DFU mode and things are fine so far... just some flickering (resort of auto brightness bug it seems).