Carrier Virgin Mobile 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pr0230, Oct 18, 2013.

1. pr0230 Suspended

Virgin mobile is offering the 5s for 750....
    The apple store is offering the t-mobile 5s for 850...

Any one bought one from Virgin mobile yet? What is the deal? why 100 bucks cheaper?

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

3. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Because while there are no contracts they do subsidise the phones slightly. The iPhone 4 is $199 no contract and the 4S is $359 vs $450

4. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

This varies wildly from location to location. Sprint voice coverage in my area is great, but LTE is not as fast as other carriers.

And, Virgin/Sprint phones cannot be unlocked (not by Sprint, at least.) This makes them slightly less attractive to potential customers who might otherwise move from carrier to carrier.

My wife is on Virgin, and I'm on AT&T GoPhone. If your goal is to buy the iPhone off contract and you want to save some money, the Virgin option is pretty attractive. I''m considering buying the VM iPhone, as I really don't care about LTE speeds at all (3G is perfectly fine for my needs, and I usually have WiFi ay hand.)

5. David126 macrumors newbie

Virgin is 549.99 for 16gb, comes to about 605 w tax. Had great coverage when I tested one this week in Los Angeles area, can't complain bill goes down to $30 if u enroll in auto pay. Btw, target is selling 4S 16gb for virgin for 249.99 pass it along..only some stores have it and if it doesn't show up in site call them, that is how I found one, 100 bucks cheaper that what is on virgin site.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

The vast difference is resale value makes up for the difference in price compared to the tmobile one. Plus the service is better.