Virgin Mobile iPhone Sale Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly1, Dec 1, 2013.

1. pauly1 macrumors regular

Im currently in canada now and i see that virginmobile in the usa has a 20 percent off sale for their iphones. The iphone 4s 16gb is 399.99 is now 319.99 before tax. The iphone 5 16gb is also 20 percent sale and is 359.99 total before tax. I see the 32gb and 64gb is out of stock.

My questions are this

1. Is this a great deal for someone that would want an iphone 4s or iphone 5 with 16gb? If regular price is 399.99 and 20 percent off sale is 319.99 thats a pretty good deal no? The same with the iphone 5 16gb?

2. The iphone 5 16gb would be only 40 dollars more than the iphone 4s 16gb. Would it make sense that the iphone 5 is easily the better choice if you had to choose? The thing is i read the iphone 5 is bigger and taller than the 4s and well the 4s the size looks really good and perfect.

3. Does anyone know how long virgin mobile will have this sale for? Because if you wait a bit longer and then its 400 dollars again... obviously you would saved yourself 80 dollars had you purchased it earlier...

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I think my only real concern would be the longevity of the 4S now that it's a full generation behind. It's still a great phone, but bear in mind that it's support lifetime may not be that long, which will degrade it's resale price should you wish to pas it on sometime.

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I was thinking about the next iOS upgrade. Which phone would most likely get to have the next iOS installed?

Plus you are comparing 512MB iPhone 4s vs 1GB iPhone 5. Which will benefit you the most? If you are gonna play a lot of games then go with the iPhone 5. If not 4s is plenty good.

I've seen some of the Virgin mobile phones in department stores. It's a hit or miss in finding them. idk if this is the case in Canada?

4. pauly1 thread starter macrumors regular

Would you say getting this on sale for 319.99 before tax is pretty good deal though?

5. andyx3x macrumors 65816