Virginia Beach, Virginia?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by senseless, Feb 3, 2012.

1. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

Anybody know about Virginia Beach? Best places to stay, things to do, good months to visit?

2. senseless thread starter macrumors 68000

senseless

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

My Mom lived there in retirement.....The surf is good (but I'm no surfer) I think they used to hold the East Coast Championships there a while back...A lot of retired folks there too!

5. 'Bmac macrumors regular

The best breakfast...

IF you are going to Virginia Beach, Va you NEED to eat breakfast at:

Pocahontas Pancake House
    3420 Atlantic Ave
    Virginia Beach, Va
    (757) 428-6352

www.pocahontaspancakes.com

I get the Peacan Pancakes when I am there. The line is long BUT it is worth the wait!

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Now I'm hungry.....That wasn't there when Mom was...I would have found it! Sadly they don't deliver to the UK! :D

7. 'Bmac macrumors regular

They don't deliver to where I live either. I have been having cravings for the Pecan Pancakes for the longest time. As soon as my Sweetheart comes to vist we are going STRAIGHT there! Good thing I enjoy driving! Lol.

8. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

pretty much anywhere in virginia beach is the place to be. the new "downtown" on independence and VA Beach blvd is a nice area. some nice restaurants, good sites as well. the beach area is really nice. just walk on the boardwalk and im sure you will find something to do on atlantic/pacific ave. usually between 17th street and 22nd street is where all the fun stuff like concerts happen. maybe check out the virginia beach amphitheater. I can't remember because I have not been there for more than 30 days a year for the past 5 years, but they have a fesitival called "The Neptune Festival" sometime around summer. The statue of neptune is on the beach at 17th street. I know "Ripleys Believe it or not" is in williamsburg, thats a lot of fun. You can even go wale watching in virginia beach! I did that about 3 years ago, amazing! If you like Golf, there is plenty of that and a couple really nice courses in virginia beach/norfolk area. Norfolk is also a nice area. downtown has a lot of good bars and the navy ships are nice to look at, but who honestly cares about the navy? GO ARMY!

9. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

^^^ Pretty much spot on.

There's a lot of 'old-people' stuff to do, then there are concerts and the beach.

10. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

old people stuff.. :D haha.

Sometimes it is nice to just watch a sunrise on the beach though. Found myself doing that from my hotel room multiple times while I was on leave.

11. senseless thread starter macrumors 68000

senseless

Thanks for the tips. The best part of the trip was driving over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge; what an awesome sight!

The VB bike path was a lot of fun and well maintained. Other than that, I'm afraid we didn't take advantage of much else, but the ocean is always enough for me.