Virtual Desktops. Any decent programs around?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TwitchOSX, Nov 29, 2011.

1. TwitchOSX macrumors 6502

I used to use Codetek Virtual Desktop to have about 8 virtual desktops with a little pager hanging out in the lower left hand corner of the screen. I could easily switch to any other desktop just by clicking on that desktops pager square. That all stopped working in OSX a couple versions ago. I know there is spaces and stuff like that but those suck. Any virtual desktop programs around that work for Lion?

2. TwitchOSX thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea.. Spaces.. in OSX. Apples version of "virtual desktops"

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What "sucks" about Spaces? It is a virtual desktop program built into the OS. Unless you care to elaborate on why this doesn't work for you, nobody can offer effective alternatives.

4. TwitchOSX thread starter macrumors 6502

Well.. i guess it's not really "Spaces" anymore. Looks like it's Mission Control. I just found out how to add more virtual windows in that which is nice... but not as nice as having a pager on every desktop to easily just click which desktop you want to go you. You either have to activate Mission Control and choose the desktop there or using the magic mouse, swipe from desktop to desktop. Not sure I'll continue using the Magic Mouse so if I get a regular mouse, I won't have swipe and will have to go to Mission Control every time. Which is a pain in the ass.

----------

And who keeps downvoting you? It's not me.