Virtual Desktops & Multiple monitors

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brianj, Nov 1, 2007.

1. brianj macrumors member

Hello

I have a macbook pro, running leopard and I have an external monitor. I would like to have the external monitor only have 1 space.

Scenario: Watching a movie on the external while switching between spaces on the normal monitor.

When spaces are enabled on the external monitor as well then that makes the external monitor useless....

2. LMO macrumors member

Go to System Preferences, Expose & Spaces, Spaces. Assign movie to Every Space.

3. elbirth macrumors 65816

Go into System Preferences and in the Spaces settings area, there's a little plus sign to add applications to the Application Assignments area. Add your movie app and tell it to reside on every space. It'll remain visible on the secondary screen while windows move around on the other

4. brianj thread starter macrumors member

Hmm well I also want to watch movies when my external isnt connected and be able to leave it on a space...

So its not a solution, really. Also I want to be able to put application x on the external and sometimes x I want it on the main monitor and leave it on a space..see where Im getting at?

The best solution would be if the external monitor had 1 space which doesnt depend on the main monitor.

5. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I've never seen any virtual desktop system that could get that specific with app placement (keep it on all desktops if it's on this monitor, but not if it's on this monitor).

6. brianj thread starter macrumors member

Well I think an option to pick which monitors the virtual desktops apply to is missing...