Virtual keyboard pops up whenever mounting a DMG; how to turn off?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by reubs, Feb 21, 2010.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

Recently when mounting a protected DMG the virtual keyboard (don't know a better way to describe it) has been popping up on my screen. I can't find any settings in system prefs that could be causing this to happen, but it's becoming really annoying.

Also, I tried searching, but I didn't have any luck. Thanks for any help folks can offer to fix this.

2. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

I think I've begun to narrow down when this happens, but I still can't find a solution.

Anytime I mount a DMG or try to install something that requires a password, the virtual keyboard/character viewer pops up. I initially turned it on to see how to add an accent to a word, but then I thought I turned it off. Clearly I didn't.

Here are screengrabs of the two preference panes having to do with the keyboard; maybe I need to delete a file somewhere to rebuild something; I don't know.

Attached Files:

3. Kenndac macrumors 6502

Kenndac

I'm not at my Mac right now, but take a look around the Accessibility system preference pane - it may well be in there.

4. svkrzn macrumors regular

I have the same problem, but whenever the system password needs to be used. I just pressed something accidentally and it showed up and now i cant get rid of it. Anyone?

5. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Check this: Accesibility>Keyboard and post that here..