Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Montana, USA
Okay, so here's the deal. I bought a copy of Windows 2000 for my old PC a while back (before I switched to Mac) and was wondering if I could run it with Virtual PC 7... I realize that the windows2000 version is not out yet, but will be. I prefer 2000 to XP and so would rather use that, and just want to know if it's possible.

Thanks in advance.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Actually the version that isn't out is the version that comes bundled with Win2K. You want to buy the version that comes without an OS (to save money) and use your Win2K with it (unless you really want to pay for a copy of WinXP).

I think Microsoft delayed the VirtualPC 7/Win2K bundle in an effort to get more people to go to XP.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Bear said:
Actually the version that isn't out is the version that comes bundled with Win2K. You want to buy the version that comes without an OS (to save money) and use your Win2K with it (unless you really want to pay for a copy of WinXP).

I think Microsoft delayed the VirtualPC 7/Win2K bundle in an effort to get more people to go to XP.

Im sorry, I missunderstood the post. I had Windows 2000 running smooth in VPC 6 on my indigo iBook, then I got my 1GhZ Powerbook 12inch and it cant run XP in VPC 7 worth crap. I like 2000 more than any other Windows version

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
Spock said:
Im sorry, I missunderstood the post. I had Windows 2000 running smooth in VPC 6 on my indigo iBook, then I got my 1GhZ Powerbook 12inch and it cant run XP in VPC 7 worth crap. I like 2000 more than any other Windows version
Ditto. I find Win2k very usable on my 1GHz PB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.