Virtual Tour, What are my options?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Got Josh?, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Got Josh? macrumors member

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Is there like a 56k modem behind that server showing the Java and Flash, jeeesh.

Anyway, I suggest the Flash method for a couple of reasons. First, 95% or so of the browsers out there support it by default. Also, Flash (when done properly and on a fast server) loads faster and uses less client resources. Users will not have issues with Java version incompatibility, and also Flash has action scripting and additional support which allows you to easily embed controls on your web page to interact with the Flash presentation using Javascript.

Flash all the way on this one, my .02.

Beyond that, the only changes I would make in design is to add graphical controls unlike the white text on the blue bar in the demos you linked. I'd not give the user a choice of Java vs. Flash, just Flash only for the fancy GUI otherwise thumbnail pics and a slideshow for everyone else. KISS principle in action.

Here is the software you might use to accomplish the 360 degree panorama effect. Meaning, it's not complex at all these days with the right software.

-jim

3. Got Josh? thread starter macrumors member

Now i just gotta figure it out on how to use this tool. Got any tutorials or HOW-TO's?

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Don't take this personally, but you download the trial version, and then open the documentation and start reading it. If there are a few things you don't get, come back and ask specifically, we'll be glad to help. The product is used by real estate agents, so it's pretty clear to me you won't need to be a web guru.

-jim