VirtualBox on 2011 Imac and Lion

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by seniorgeek, Jul 30, 2011.

1. seniorgeek macrumors member

I am looking for info on running VirtualBox on Lion, does it work, anybody doing this?

2. seniorgeek thread starter macrumors member

Well I installed VirtualBox and my OEM install of Windows Vista successfully, I then installed Quicken 2010, Visual Web Developer Express, ASP Net 4.0 and a few other programs. To me this is absolutely useless, trying to run applications in the small virtual window is not workable to me. I cannot see anyway to make the window larger, am I missing something? My 2 choices are to keep my Windows box or buy Windows 7 and install with Bootcamp.

How do folks run windows on their Mac machines in the small virtual window successfully?

3. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

We install the guest add ins and then drag the window to make it larger. I use VB on my work MBP (13") and can run it from 1280x800 all the way up to 1680x1050 (on the external monitor) just by making the window larger.

4. seniorgeek thread starter macrumors member

I installed the guest extension but still cannot increase the size of the window.

5. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

6. seniorgeek thread starter macrumors member

7. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

It should automatically change the resolution as you drag the size of the window in the host OS. I don't have it installed under my own MBP as I only use it at work, but I do have no trouble resizing it. To be fair, I haven't tried it under Lion, only SL, but that shouldn't make a difference, as far as I can see.