VirtualBox on Mac not recognizing Diver Software on USB

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Rolltide301, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Rolltide301, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013

Rolltide301 macrumors newbie

I am using VirtualBox 4.2.16 on Mac OSX Mountain Lion to install Windows 7 Professional (for class). When I start the installer it stops when it searches for devices to install the drivers from. Windows is able to see the USB device but is not able to see the Driver Software on the device. I have installed the driver software on the USB using BootCamp Assistant. So when I search for devices I see the USB but when I search through the USB to find the driver software it can only see the folders on the USB.

Thanks.

2. Rolltide301, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013

Rolltide301 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have figured it out on my own. Turned out the file was corrupted.

3. gboswellsac macrumors member

Did you have any problems installing 4.2.16? I'm running 10.8.4 and when tried to upgrade I get the "Failed to Install" but then previous virtualbox will not open either. Deleted older from Applications and tried to install same error any suggestions. I have a student that needs me to get a Centos iso installed. May be just my forgetting something as I normally use Fusion or Parallels. Any suggestions welcome ... even the RTFM if there is something there.

Boz

4. gboswellsac macrumors member

I went back to 4.2.6 and works ..... seems like everytime virtualbox has an upgrade for OS X it has issues or that the latest OS X has issues.... :) I'll just not upgrade any more till I see ivy-bridge acceptance. Thanks

5. gboswellsac, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013