Virus on iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Aditya_S, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

Ok, so apparently my sister was using my iPad and she went to some sketchy website and this occurred. I don't know how to stop it. The animation kee for composing a new email keeps happening when you go into Safari and you can't click cancel. It has also crashed where you see the spinning circle but I didn't see an Apple logo before i went back to the homescreen. What should I do?
    [​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Dec 11, 2016 ---
    This is the screenshot
    --- Post Merged, Dec 11, 2016 ---
    I cleared the browsing history to stop he endless virus messages but I'm still worried

Attached Files:

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That's just an adware popup.
    You can google that phone number, which will show you that it is a known issue..
    (don't call the number, they are just trying to sell you a "fix", to "fix" an issue that you don't have.
    Here's an Apple support article that should help you get rid of it.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

You cleared Safari which got rid of the stuck site. There's nothing else to do, aide from basically not going to shady/weird sites and use an ad blocker if that's possible.

4. SoYoung macrumors 6502

I had this kind of issue before, I had to delete the entire Safari history to fix this. Its not a virus, but its annoying as hell when it happens if you care about your history log.

5. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Would it be possible to instead of deleting your history. To just send a link to yourself, open it and then clear all open tabs? I'm guessing the pop ups only show when the "bad" link is open.

6. addamas macrumors 6502

addamas

Use any other app to open link in browser - then go to recent pages and delete that crap

7. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, but to delete your history all you have to do is go to Settings and then to Safari's settings and click on the Clear All History and Website Data button
    --- Post Merged, Dec 12, 2016 ---
    Also, I don't know if this is related or not, but for some reason I can't download or update any apps anymore. As soon as I click Update or Get, for a split second it shows the spinning wheel then immediately goes back to Get or Update again.

8. anzio macrumors 6502

There is a temporary issue with all iTunes Store services (including App Store). http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/