Virus or spam with Firefox?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Politis, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Politis, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

Politis macrumors regular

I have a MacBook Pro. Over the last 3 days, when I open Firefox it opens fine but also a page from, http : // ilead . itrack.it ...
    It is a white page and in capital black letters it says:
    DEFAULT EXPIREDPAGE PAGE!
    What the heck is this?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the WHY AM I BEING REDIRECTED TO OTHER SITES? section of the following link.

It's not a virus. Macs are not immune to malware, but no true viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any since it was released 10 years ago. You cannot infect your Mac simply by visiting a website, unzipping a file, opening an email attachment or joining a network. The only malware in the wild that can affect Mac OS X is a handful of trojans, which cannot infect your Mac unless you actively install them, and they can be easily avoided with some basic education, common sense and care in what software you install. Also, Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion have anti-malware protection built in, further reducing the need for 3rd party antivirus apps.

3. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Not a good idea to post url's that you are suspecting to be a scam or contain viruses.