Virus Problem, I really need help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CarlosJorge, Aug 10, 2011.

1. CarlosJorge macrumors newbie

Ok, there is my problem, i was scan my Mac OSX as always i do, once per week, and the ClamXav has detected a virus called Dishield.Pkg ok, so i delete the file then he founds another virus but that one i couldn't find, so please who knows a good anti virus or any way to clean my mac from any virus, i'am really worry because my mac is my life.

Thanks if anyone help,
    have a good day everyone.

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

According to this thread, it could be MacDefender malware. Which is plausible, considering you have an anti-virus program on your Mac already. However the best anti-virus software for your Mac is the grey matter between your ears.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not a virus. It's a trojan known by many names, beginning with MacDefender. You don't need any antivirus software to protect Mac OS X from malware. No viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any, since it was released 10 years ago. The handful of trojans that exist can be easily avoided with some basic education, common sense and care in what software you install:
    The first section of that link deals specifically with the MacDefender/MacSecurity/MacProtector/MacGuard issue, which is not a virus. I encourage you to read it.

5. CarlosJorge thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thinks for the help,everyone i really appreciate that you wasted a little of your time for helping me.

:)Thank everyone!:)

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If it helped you, it's not a waste of time.