Virus Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Torp, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Torp macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

So here's my problem. I run windows 7 on bootcamp on my macbook pro. I just did a full virus scan using my nod32 anti-virus software.

What happened is that it picked up 3 potential viruses, Trojan Horses to be particular, that it found on my MAC OS partition (I guess it scans both partitions if I do the auto scan?).

Anyway, it could not delete the virus from the windows side.

But my question is... Is this a threat? I am new to the mac, and I thought that windows viruses cannot really affect the mac since it is written differently to affect the different operating system. So although I am detecting a virus from the windows side, can this affect me at all on my mac os?

E:\Users\albeezar\Library\Caches\Java\cache\6.0\60\7aedc63c-58b6ff7c » ZIP » y6u7.class - probably a variant of Java/Exploit.CVE-2010-0094.F trojan

E:\Users\albeezar\Library\Caches\Java\cache\6.0\60\7aedc63c-58b6ff7c » ZIP » h6l4.class - a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.AD trojan

E:\Users\albeezar\Library\Caches\Java\cache\6.0\60\7aedc63c-58b6ff7c » ZIP » Tuggoaerffb.class - a variant of Java/Rowindal.D trojan

These are the 3 viruses it found. The E partition is where my MAC OS is located.

Anyway, what should be my step at this point? Just go to my mac and manually try to delete these? Or should I get some MAC OS virus scanner? Or should I just ignore this because it is either a mistake, or irrelevant because it has no affect on my computer??

Please guide me somebody.

2. celticpride678

Those are on the Windows side of things. They can't really do much to Mac OS X. Remove them

3. jhonas macrumors newbie

No, it can,t effect on os mac. just remove that files from yout computer.

4. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

They are Windows viruses you picked up surfing to infected web sites on OSX, they are dormant and can't hurt you unless you execute them in Windows. I would suggest surfing to less sketchy sites if you don't want to pick up these types of viruses.