VirusDoctor Popups

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Centurey, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Centurey macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. As you might have known, awhile ago there was an Antivirus 2009 pop up on many websites (I was one of these effected people who found these.) But, it seems there is a similar situation now-VirusDoctor. For some reason, I was on DeviantArt and it popped up. I was "huh?" So, about 5 minutes ago, I was on the Pirate Bay. I was just looking up an old movie and I got the SAME exact pop up. Why would this be on both of these websites? I know TPB has been doing this for awhile, yet-never such as this.

Also, pardon if this is in the wrong forum.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

why worry? there are no viruses in OSx, and the crap virusdoctor popups are worthless anyway.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You're just on the wrong website entirely. It is impossible for anything involved with these popups to harm your computer in any way.

4. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

5. blurry707 macrumors newbie

this has happened to me on stickam yesterday and today...so this is just a site thing?

6. RoninXI macrumors regular

Only thing that you could have that could cause something like that is a DNS redirector. That is the only thing I know of that you can become infected with. Did you install any codecs from video sites lately?

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

They are just learning how to blow past your pop-up blockers.

Read the virus warning, it has the typical Win32/64 virus warnings ... which really are telling you that they found 9 windows viruses on your Mac.

About like telling the Pope he is pregnant.

8. blurry707 macrumors newbie

nope have not downloaded anything in awhile...must be as sun baked says they found a hole in safari 4 for now...

9. RoninXI macrumors regular

I have never gotten a popup like that at TPB but it is possible an ad is doing it. You could try one of these adblockers at PimpMySafari, some work with Safari 4 and glimmer blocker is system wide.