Visa Debit card limit on iTunes Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by viggen61, Aug 20, 2010.

1. viggen61 macrumors 6502

US iTunes Store, Mac:

Tried to use my usual Visa Debit card in the iTunes store this week to (finally) do the iTunes Plus upgrade to my purchased music. I kept getting messages that iTunes couldn't process it. Well, I would get one e-mail per day, despite how many times I updated the information.

It locked up my card (of course), and it blocked another transaction. I got that cleared.

I switched to another Visa card (but NOT a debit), and the iTunes Plus upgrade finally went through.

Today, just to make sure it's all good, I called my bank. THe person on the line was telling me about some sort of "ban" on iTunes purchases over $40 on Visa. It wasn't clear if this was only Visa Debit, but since it went through on my Visa Credit Card, it must not be for all Visa.

Couldn't find anything at Apple or Visa regarding any stated limits.

I recall having a similar problem last year when renewing my MobileMe account. Again, the amount was over $40 after taxes...

Anyone else have a similar issue?

:apple::apple:

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Not, not for $40. It's decided by your bank, who issued the card and sets the terms of use, not Visa or Apple.

3. viggen61 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I thought, but the agent was insistent that it was "Visa"...

Thanks,

:apple::apple: