Visa prepaid debit card on launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adamb18c5, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Adamb18c5 macrumors member

Yes I searched...lol Do Apple stores accept Visa prepaid debit cards on launch day? I am 99.9% sure they will, just verifying that it will be ok. I went to my local store today but I could not get a firm answer.

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Of course. If the Prepaid Visa card does not have the amount owned, you can tell them to charge a certain amount to it and pay the rest with another card/cash.

3. CJayC macrumors 6502

What part of "credit or debit card" don't you understand?

4. Adamb18c5 thread starter macrumors member

Just checking dude. Better to be safe than sorry. I don't want to wake up at 3am only to be turned down because of a payment issue.

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

Right, that's exactly what Apple ended up saying in regards to iPad purchases, but yet they wouldn't accept gift (or prepaid) credit/debit cards. If your name wasn't imprinted on the front of the card, you weren't using that card to buy an iPad.

It never hurts to clarify what Apple's actual position on payment is.

6. Appmamma macrumors newbie

...i don't see why it would be a problem, it's a DEBIT card.

when I worked in retail we ran them as DEBIT ALL THE TIME. Just make sure you know the amount on the card before they run it... or it will be screwed up

7. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

I would say no because apple uses peoples cards so they can track how many units they have purchased so you cant get 200358 and resale them after launch.

8. Adamb18c5 thread starter macrumors member

If go up to Apple tomorrow and buy a gift card for the proper amount will that work?

9. Loki666 macrumors member

My store said they will also take cash and gift card

10. tobadsanta macrumors newbie

Apple store reps are crafty people , I came to the store at launch for the 3g with a walmart pre-paid card , they said that they will put the ammount on a giftcard and that way I could buy it then. So yes either way they will find a way for u to buy a phone.

11. Adamb18c5 thread starter macrumors member

Why does it have to be so complicated to buy a phone? I mean I understand a no cash policy on launch day because it will slow things down, but any card with a visa logo should be ok to use.

12. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

And it will be. Just might have to do things the way they want you too.

I will be coming in with $315 on my pre-paid Visa with a few hundred in cash. They can charge my card $240 and ill buy $100 apple card with cash.

Buy the 32gb phone with 6.5% tax +18 upgrade fee for a total of $337.49 and walk out happy. Thats the plan :)

Then head to Best Buy in my hometown where I have yet to get a call and use my $50 gift card for a case and some iTunes cash.

Blonde Buddhist

13. Adamb18c5 thread starter macrumors member

I'd be kinda worried to only have cash and a prepaid card.

14. Adamb18c5 thread starter macrumors member

Seeing what the morning crew knows about this.

15. Adamb18c5 thread starter macrumors member

In case any one wanted to know, I called two local stores and they both said they will accept a visa prepaid debit card.