Visio on Apple?

triton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2003
Hi,

I would like to learn Visio, but also want to get rid of my stupid pc. I would like to ideally use just an Apple for most if not all of my computing needs. From what I understand Visio can run under Virtual PC. Can anyone share their experience doing this?

Thank you!

Applespider

macrumors G4
Visio should run on VPC but you might want to have a look at Omnigraffle Pro

It's cheaper than Visio and I've found it much easier to use (and I did Visio training course!) The Pro version exports Visio 2002 XML drawings if you need to swap files.

Omni will give you a free day's trial of Omnigraffle Pro will all features working if you want to have a go of it (it's doesn't actually expire after a day - only after you quit the app incidentally)

triton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2003
Ideally, I would love to use Omnigraffle. Unfortunately, I have to use Visio. Damn!! :mad:

How does it run on VPC?

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
triton said:
How does it run on VPC?
Acceptably, which is about as much as you can expect from said emulator.

Using VPC 6/7 (no increase in efficiency) and Win2000 on a 12" Powerbook 1.33, for reference. I was using it as part of the .net Enterprise Architect edition. *shudder*

KershMan

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2003
VA, USA
triton said:
Ideally, I would love to use Omnigraffle. Unfortunately, I have to use Visio. Damn!! :mad:

How does it run on VPC?
Why do you need to use Visio? I have been using Omnigraffle Pro 3 to exchange files with Vision 2002 users without problems. You can import and export Visio XML files without any real problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.