VISION ISSUE 20/40 CORRECTED (Matte vs Glossy)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MCIowaRulz, Apr 24, 2010.

1. MCIowaRulz macrumors 6502

As the title of the thread says I have 20/40 Vision CORRECTED. I would like to know from Dr's or people with experience which is better? I'm leaning towards matte due to the glare of the glossy. I currently have a XPS 1640 1366x768 and the glare can get annoying! I'm concerned however about the 1680x1050 on the 15" Should I get the glossy slandered then? (lowering doesn't work - fuzzy images) I've been reading the forums like no other The contrast is better for the glossy then for the matte. Is that what I should focus on?

2. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

A year ago I was diagnosed with an ocular disease called AMPPE. This caused scars on my retina. A year later, I stand at about 20/35 corrected, so in a similar situation to you.

I took a chance and ordered the 15" high res antiglare macbook pro. I had moved up from a 15" standard glossy. In my observation, two things are the case:

1. The difference between standard and high res did not significantly affect my ability to use my Mac.

2. The anti glare is MUCH easier on at least my eyes.

3. MCIowaRulz thread starter macrumors 6502

I went to the Apple store yesterday and compared the 2 and the anti-glare looked so much easier on my eyes. Did you have a problem with watering and such with the glossy? What other observations can you tell me?
    Thank you for your help